The F-1 High School Program allows international students from all over the world to experience high school in the United States while living with a host family or staying at their school dormitory. The American high school educational system comprises four grades of study: freshman (9th grade), sophomore (10th grade), junior (11th grade) and senior (12th grade). Students will be placed in the appropriate grade upon arrival, according to their school academic history.
ExchangeMate USA offers placement in public and private day schools. Students attending public schools may study in the USA for a maximum of 1 academic year. Students apply directly to a specific city and school district and may choose up to 3 schools within that district. Private day school students may study in the USA for multiple years until they graduate. With this option, students apply directly to the specific school they are interested in attending. Several public schools and all private day schools allow international students to graduate and receive an American high school diploma, which will help them gain acceptance in an American college or university of their choice.
Please fill out the form and we will contact you soon!
• Must be between 14 and 18 years old
• Have an intermediate level of English
• Hold and maintain a passing grade point average
• Provide academic transcripts of the last 3 years, including current year
• Have not graduated from high school in their home country
Acceptance & Visa
Once acceptance into the program has been granted, the school district will issue a Form I-20. Students must bring the Form I-20 along with personal and financial documents to the American Consulate/Embassy in their home countries in order to apply for the F-1 visa.
ExchangeMate USA offers high school placement in the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, New York, Virginia and Washington.
- High school placement in selected schools
- Paid host family accommodation with breakfast and dinner during the week and all 3 meals on weekends and holidays
- Guardianship form
- Tuition and mandatory school fees
- Airport transfer
- Arrival orientation in Orlando, FL
- Welcome week orientation and activities
- Year pass for Universal Studios Florida® & Islands of Adventure™ (Florida students)
- Day pass for Islands of Adventure (Students going to other locations)
- Visa document (Form I-20)
- Program certificate
- ExchangeMate USA full-time support and supervision during the program
- SEVIS, visa, and passport fees
- Compulsory physical, TB tests and other required immunizations on arrival
- Public transportation monthly pass
- School lunches
- School uniforms (if required)
- Book fees and school supplies
- Extracurricular activities and optional group activities
- Medical & liability insurance